oh look a little white rectangle with a magnifying glass! I wonder what it does?

Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Meme Generation

what's up internet? Caleb's back again with more insanity for your day. After all, insanity every day keeps the doctor away - with the exceptions of psychiatrists who think you're going nuts. or is that psychologists? I can never figure out the difference between those.

Anyway, today we're going to talk about memes. What are memes, you ask? Well, basically, they're an internet phenomenon where you take a picture, add a caption, and get a (sometimes every now and then) funny result. If you use sites like Facebook or Instagram, you've probably seen a lot of them. Even if you're like me and just use e-mail for electronic communication, a few have probably showed up in your inbox.

(And occasionally more than that. Once a certain unnamed individual sent me about fifty of them in one e-mail. Still surprised gmail's server works after that).

For your information, the word "Meme" is pronounced "Meem", not "Me-me." That completely ruined my pun I was going to make - "The last generation was the Me Generation, this time it's the Meme Generation." Whatev. There are other puns out there.

Like, a man walks into a...well, I would say a bar but I want to keep this family friendly so...a guy walks into starbucks and orders a coffee. The man behind a counter, mishearing, coughs into a cup, then hands it to him. Then the guy says, "THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEME!!!"

Do you find that funny? I don't.

Anyway, mooving on...

Here are some of my favorite memes...I have a very large folder of them on my desktop to randomly drop into e-mails and whatnot.


haha punny.


see some people can pull off puns and others...just can't.


Yeah, I know, a lot of memes have cats in them. And these cats (or "lolcats" which my computer keeps wanting to auto-correct to "locates") rarely have good "grammars." I don't know what it is with the internet and cats but hey they're sort of cute and funny so whatev.


I've had this happen before on web sites - you reload the page and every time you're the 100th visitor.


of course Grumpy Cat always has to show up...



Geek humor...


...I haz no words.


apparently this was the original "lolcat," however, later research has found that funny cat pictures with captions have existed since the 1800s:


is this actually really from that long ago? I will leave that up to your intuition and resourcefulness.


This may explain why I take Spanish, not Icelandic. Other than the fact that there probably aren't many homeschool Icelandic textbooks out there.


:)


More geek humor...sorry all of you who aren't computerheads. 


There are so many homeschool memes out there...I should do a post on that sometime.


Drop dat beat...


I so want this shirt.



It's surprising how many cat and piano memes there are out there. You should look them up if you ever have one of those moments where you have absolutely nothing to do.

Then again if you've gotten this far in this post you're probably experiencing one of those moments anyway...


:P




"MOO!!!"

And the other guy is looking at him like, "I'm not sure whether to take pity on this poor chap or burst out laughing."


I literally lol-ed the first time I saw this.


I can watch this over and over and over and over and never get tired of it...

"Hmm...I can't get it off!...there...OH NO...crash."

I think that package behind the cat says "Scientific American."

I have so watched this too many times.

Anyway, turns out making your own memes is very easy, so I took a crack at making a few (thus explaining why the following are considerably less funny than before)...






I don't know why but cats with bow ties are cool.


Not even sure how my homework assignment from a random chem class last year ended up in my memes folder.



If you don't know who Andrew Peterson is, look him up. He's a good Christian singer/songwriter.


This guy is Eric Liddell from Chariots of Fire...running in slow motion to his own theme music, NOT the title song that became really popular. it's about time people get that straight. 


that sign is supposed to say, "haunted french pancakes give me the crepes."


Yeah...I should probably see a psychologist. Or maybe a psychiatrist. Still no clue which is which...

Anyway I still have about 523 memes left in my desktop folder.

Coming soon: "I didn't meme to do that..."

...or maybe not.




No comments:

Post a Comment